• CapEx: Frees operators from spending on upfront CapEx for network expansions and allows them to reinvest it in core activities like customer service or active equipment. Reduced costs of infrastructure can allow more money to be spent on enhancing infrastructure
• OpEx: Operators can save on high opex associated with running telecom infrastructure such as site rentals and energy costs that will be shared by multiple service providers, while enhancing focus on service innovations.
Less operator headaches
• Focus on core operations: Relieves network operators of infrastructure operations & maintenance challenges, allowing them to focus on their core service provisions and adopting a customer-centric approach.
• Expand coverage: Opportunity to enter rural areas and provide accessibility of telecom services to underserved areas by setting up connectivity infrastructure.
Proven business model
• Stable long-term assets: Network operators will have a demand for towers and network assets as long as they provide wireless mobile services, thus ensuring stable demand from our customers.
• Upside from obtaining additional tenancies: As a neutral site owner, it is easier to rent space to multiple telecom operators.
Benefits to Industry
• Overall economic impact: Towershare’s efforts will also extend benefits on a macro-level through employment generation, imparting technical skills and bringing in foreign investments that will boost foreign reserves.
• Far reaching benefits: As tower companies expand their presence in rural areas, technology based education and healthcare solutions will start becoming increasingly viable.
• Strengthens regulators objectives: Tower sharing enables network operators to promote the regulators objectives of availability of affordable services for customers, fair competition and incentives for innovation.
• Support universal access initiatives: Tower sharing model encourages coverage expansion into rural areas.
Benefits to General Public
Reduced power consumption
• Positive environmental impact: The benefits of tower sharing are significant on the environment, helping reduce the burden on power and grid, and most notably on fuel consumption and generators required to sustain independent dedicated networks.
• Reduces environmental impact of expansion: Tower sharing limits the expansion of wireless infrastructure, thereby minimizing the visual impact of towers in the surrounding areas.